1.3. We will post any changes we may make to our Policy on this Website or communicate them to you by email.
1.4. The Policy currently in place dates of 17 October 2019.
2. What personal data do we collect from you?
2.1. We collect personal data that you provide to us such as by filling out a contact form, registering for the Biennial Lottery Summit or requesting assistance for visa applications (together “Services”).
2.2. For the Services we provide, such personal data may consist of:
2.2.1. Biennial Lottery Summit or other events: name, surname, title, gender, date of birth, place of work, job title, biographies, picture/s, place of residence, nationality, dietary information, passport details, address, email address, telephone number/s, travel and/or hotel information, credit card details, pictures at the venue of the event/s;
2.2.2. Visa applications: name, surname, address, email address, telephone number/s, company name, job title, passport details, countries visited in the last three years, previous / other visas, institutions who will release visas;
2.2.3. Contact form: name, surname, phone number, email address and message.
2.3. We collect metadata, for example details of your visits to the Website, such as traffic data, location data, IP address, browser information, session data, preferences, settings, weblogs and other communication data, which we monitor during your interaction with the Website.
3. On which basis do we process your personal data?
3.1. We process your personal data for the purposes indicated or obvious at the time of collection and
3.1.1. to which you have agreed, for example by checking a box; or
3.1.2. for which we are required by applicable laws, for example to comply with data retention requirements; or
3.1.3. which is necessary for the performance of a contract, for example if you register for the Biennial Lottery Summit; or
3.1.4. for which we rely on other legitimate interests, which include:
• gathering market information, promoting Services, communicating with and tailoring offers to you;
• delivering and improving our Services;
• management of customer, WLA regular and associate members, suppliers, contributors and other relationships such as employees or contact persons of our WLA regular and associate members;
• monitoring, detecting and protecting the organization, its systems, network, infrastructure, computers, information, intellectual property and other rights from unwanted security intrusion, unauthorized access, disclosure and acquisition of information, data and system breaches, hacking, industrial espionage and cyberattacks; or
• complying with industry standards, regulators’ requirements and other requirements related to fraud prevention and anti-money laundering.
4. For which purposes do we process your personal data?
4.1. We process your personal data for the following purposes:
4.1.1. If you register for our Biennial Lottery Summit or other events, we need and process the data required for you to attend these events, such as your name, surname, title, gender, date of birth, place of work, job title, biographies, place of residence, nationality, dietary information, passport details, email address, telephone number, travel and/or hotel information, credit card details, pictures at the venue of the event/s.
4.1.2. If you request assistance for visa applications, we need and process the data required for applying for a visa, such as your name, surname, address, email address, telephone number, company name, job title, passport details, countries visited in the last three years, previous / other visas, institutions who will release visas.
4.1.3. If you are an executive or contact person of an existing member, we may send you information about our events, trainings and Services using, for example, your name and postal / email address.
4.1.5. We process your personal data also to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
4.2. We process metadata that we collect from you to improve our Website, analyze traffic pattern and Website usage, for targeted marketing, to develop and analyze statistics and demographics, or optimize our online presence and marketing efforts.
5. To whom do we disclose and transfer your personal data?
5.1. We may disclose your personal data to the following recipients or categories of recipients either for them to use the data on their own behalf and under their own control (controllers) or acting on our behalf and/or as partners (processors), limited to the purpose of the execution of their obligations:
• WLA Canada
• WLA Contributors
• IT- and App-Providers
• Communication agencies
• Event planners / organizers / operators
• Visa offices / agencies / bureaus
• Regional trade associations
• Attendees to the event for which you register
5.3. We may internationally transfer your personal data, including to countries that are not considered providing an adequate level of data protection by the relevant regulatory bodies, for example to countries not considered by the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner or the European Commission to be providing such level. In such case, we ensure the adequate protection of your personal data by having the recipients adhere to binding contractual obligations in accordance with applicable standards approved by the relevant regulatory bodies or by relying on other safeguards, such as self-certifications (e.g. Swiss and EU Privacy Shield), approved by the relevant regulatory bodies. You may contact us for a copy of the contractual and other safeguards in place (see section 8 below).
5.4. This Website may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6. For how long do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data:
• until you withdraw your consent for future processing;
• until the purpose is fulfilled for which your data was originally collected (e.g. registration and visa application for Biennial Lottery Summit);
• for as long as laws require us, e.g. legal retention obligations based on bookkeeping or tax laws and regulations;
• for as long as we have any other legitimate interest in processing your personal data.
7. What are your rights?
7.1. You have the right:
• to request from us access to and rectification or deletion of your personal data;
• to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data, in particular to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes; and
• to request from us to provide you or any person or entity you appointed with a digital file of your personal data (data portability).
7.2. You may withdraw your consent that allows us to process your personal data for the indicated purposes at any time.
7.3. To exercise the above rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
7.4. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent authority.
8. How can you contact us?
For any questions or to exercise your rights, you may contact us as follows:
Postal address: World Lottery Association, Avenue de Provence 14, Case Postale 6744, CH-1002 Lausanne, Switzerland